Development entitlements refer to any approval needed from the Planning Commission, Historic Preservation Commission, or Zoning Administrator that is required by the Planning Code before a project may secure a Building Permit.
Real Estate Developments or projects that require entitlements
These are few types of projects that require entitlements:
· New Construction;
· Any vertical addition of 7 feet or more;
· Any horizontal addition of 10 feet or more;
· Decks over 10 feet above grade or within the required rear yard;
· All Formula Retail uses subject to a Conditional Use Authorization;
· Project that requires Conditional Use Authorization, Downtown Project Authorization, or a Variance.
What do you need to do to get entitlements for your project?
(1) First thing is to schedule a Pre-Application Meeting. The Pre-Application (Pre-App) Community Outreach Process is required prior to submitting permits. Based on the feedback you get, you’d know what you’ll need to submit next.
(2) Submit a Project Application
Check the Pre-Application Meeting article
How much could you build on your property?
Get an instant free estimate if there is any untapped potential for your property based on the city zoning and state regulations.