Development entitlements refer to any approval needed from the Planning Commission,
Historic Preservation Commission, or Zoning Administrator that is required by the Planning
Code before a project may secure a Building Permit.
Which type of development or projects require entitlements?
These are few types of projects that require entitlements:
· New Construction;
· Any vertical addition of 7 feet or more;
· Any horizontal addition of 10 feet or more;
· Decks over 10 feet above grade or within the required rear yard;
· All Formula Retail uses subject to a Conditional Use Authorization;
· Project that requires Conditional Use Authorization, Downtown Project Authorization, or a Variance.
What do you need to do to get entitlements for your project?
(1) First thing is to schedule a Pre-Application Meeting. The Pre-Application (Pre-App) Community Outreach Process is required prior to submitting permits. Based on the feedback you get, you’d know what you’ll need to submit next.
(2) Submit a Project Application